Update 2021 March:
You can now export the data direct from Power BI Desktop using my tool, Power BI Exporter. Read more here.
In some of my old posts, which are the most popular ones, I explained how to Export data Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service data to different destinations like CSV, Excel and SQL Server. In this quick tip I explain a very easy way to export the model data as a whole to either CSV or SQL Server with DAX Studio.
After release 2.8 of DAX Studio, you can now quickly export the whole model to CSV and SQL Server in one shot.
Enabling Export All Data in DAX Studio
- Open DAX Studio
- Click “File”
- Click “Options”
- Click “Advanced”
- Tick “Show Export All Data button”
Export Power BI Model Data to CSV
- Connect to your Power BI Desktop or connect to your Power BI Premium capacity datasets in Power BI Service
- Click “Export Data” from “Advanced” tab
- Select “CSV” as destination
- Enter the output folder path
- Click “Export”