Welcome to BI Insight.
My name is Soheil Bakhshi, I’m originally from Iran living in Aotearoa (New Zealand).
I believe in the power of knowledge sharing , so in 2005 I started authoring a book in Persian on step-by-step guide on using multiple multimedia software in PC. The book was published in 2006 which was such an achievement for me. Unfortunately, my book is not available online to put the link in here.
Speaking of knowledge sharing, I learnt a lot from other people that I don’t even know and they might live thousands of miles away from me. So one way that I can PAY FORWARD is to my knowledge with others. Hence, I started writing technical blogposts in this website, biinsight.com, in 2013.
I loved working with data from when I was a young boy. I started learning MS DOS 5 in 1994. Soon after that I learnt about GW Basic and I was amazed with some beautiful graphical outputs of running some lines of codes. I started working in IT industry from 2001. During my journey, I’ve done lots of different interesting IT projects. From programming with Delphi 5 and 6, Paradox database, SQL server 2000, to creating insightful and professional dashboards in Tableau software and Power BI.
In 2019 I received my Microsoft Data Platform MVP award which is a big milestone in my professional journey.
As a Business Intelligence Consultant I provide the following services to the industry:
- Conferring with clients to identify their requirements, conducting business intelligence best practices
- Conducting training workshops with my customers
- Speaking in local and international events
- Providing consultancy in Microsoft business intelligence solutions including:
- BI Strategy, policy, technical documentation and governance
- Self-service BI solutions with Power BI Platform
- Data Modelling
- Data warehousing (Kimball approach)
- ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Power Query
- Semantic Model with SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Models and Multidimensional Cubes
- Cloud BI based on Microsoft Azure technologies
I hope you find this website useful and I’d love to see your feedbacks, so please leave your comments in the “Comments” section below each post.